29.11.15

Hair Care Routine | How I Maintain My Grey Hair


I always get asked how I maintain my grey hair without it being getting brassy so today, I am going to share with you how! Let's just back track a little about my hair — So for the longest time, I have always used box hair dye on my hair, so it was always brassy. But at the time, I didn't know and liked the colour I had (I was young). I was always afraid of bleaching my hair because I thought it would really damage my hair.


It wasn't until about a little over a year ago, that I decided to go to the hairdressers to go full ash blonde. It was my first time bleaching my hair and it was a painful 7 hour process. I kept going back to them to do my roots and each time, it was always a 5 hour sitting. I always dreaded going back to do my regrowths. My last visit with them, I did balayage and I loved the result! It was my first time with grey hair and it was beautifully blended. However, my hair was severely damaged with really dry ends. It didn't break though, it was just really dry.

After that, my sister found out about another hairdresser who was a lot cheaper! I went to her and got my roots done and she recommended that I didn't need to bleach my roots as it was not necessary since the top part of my hair would of been dark anyway. She's been amazing at looking after my hair. My hair has never felt so healthy and smooth in such a long time. I really owe it to her!

My last visit with her, I decided to do a full head of foils because I wanted to lighten my hair without bleaching my roots, and I was so happy with the result. One thing I hate the most is bleaching my roots which happened all the time at my old hair dresser. The photo above was taken today with a full head of foils and the toner has been washed. I'm going to visit her again in two days for another full head of foils and to get it toned!


When it comes to products, I keep it to the minimal. I am very blessed with good, thick hair so in all honestly, my hair doesn't go brassy - even though my hair is grey! I was sent by a PR the Sunsilk Addictive Brilliant Shine a few months ago and it sat in my cabinet for a really long time. I started to use it and let me just say that I am in LOVE with this range. I love it so much that I bought the big 750mL bottles when Coles was having 50% off. This range of shampoo and conditioner made a difference with my hair! My hair felt so soft and silky, and I never get that with other brands.

After I wash my hair and it's damp, I pump 5 pumps of the Matrix Total Results Color Care Miracle Treat 12 Lotion Spray into the palms of my hands and put it through my hair before brushing it out with a wet brush. This stuff has 12 benefits to your hair which includes:
  • Helps protects colour treated hair
  • Conditions for instant silkiness
  • Detangles
  • Helps strengthen hair
  • Helps seal the hair from damage
  • Provides moisture
  • Helps prevent breakage
  • Increases manageability
  • Maximises natural body
  • Tames frizz
  • Smoothes and tames hair
  • Helps restore shine
Matrix did revamp the whole Total Results Colour Care range and apparently the product itself has improved and is a lot better than the one I have. I did purchase the new one but I won't be using it yet until I finish the old one, so I can't do a comparison.

That's pretty much all the products I use for my hair. If I really feel like it, I will use the Fudge purple shampoo but I don't need it (even my hairdresser said I don't need to, so I don't). But if you do have blonde/grey hair, I do highly recommend the Fudge purple shampoo! It's so affordable and a little goes a long way! Hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to comment down below or simply tweet me! 


Please don't forget to follow me on my social medias:
Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger