19.7.15

Review: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturising Photo Edition Foundation


I decided to try some Laura Mercier product because Julie from Hauteflashes raves about their products! I first got a sample of the Silk Creme Moisturising Photo Edition foundation (phew, such a long name) and I absolutely fell in love with it. The small sample pot lasted me around 5-6 times because you only need the tiniest amount for a full face.

The Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturising Photo Edition Foundation claims to be:
  • Long wearing formula
  • High pigment load that provides up to 12 hours of full coverage
  • Comfortable on the skin
  • Hides hard to cover imperfections
  • Natural luminous finish
  • Ideal for photography, videos or special events
My thoughts on this foundation
I was pleasantly surprised when I first applied this foundation was how easily it blended into the skin. The consistency is quite thick but it does not feel heavy whatsoever on the skin. I only need a pea size amount of this foundation to cover my whole face. Sometimes I accidentally squeeze out too much product so then I have to put it back into a sample pot so I can save it for next time. This foundation feels so light weight and gives me a good medium to full coverage. This foundation is very easily buildable without your skin feeling heavy or caked. The pigments in this foundation is out of this world - which is why you only need a tiny bit of the foundation to achieve full coverage. It gives your skin a nice luminous glow and feels so moisturising.
I have dry skin and my skin feels so nice and hydrated even after 8 hours of wear. I did put this to the test once, and wore it for 14-15 hours and my face still looked good! Of course I could of touched up but I didn't. This is honestly my holy grail foundation at the moment. I don't use it everyday though because it is quite expensive. But whenever I apply this foundation onto my face, I just think to myself "why do I even bother with other foundations?" because I love this foundation so much, I wish I could wear it everyday.

PROS
  • Long lasting
  • Very buildable
  • Good for my dry skin girls
  • No SPF so it's perfect for taking photos
  • Very comfortable on the skin
  • Amazing coverage
  • Looks very natural
  • Only need a tiny amount of product
CONS
  • Most shades are very neutral
  • Only 9 shades available 
  • Expensive - costs $59
My overall thoughts
I would highly recommend you try out this foundation if you have normal to dry skin. Go to your local Laura Mercier counter to get shade matched and get a sample pot to try to see if you like it or not. I honestly cannot think of anything bad to say about this foundation because I absolutely love it so much! They do have an oil-free formula for oily skin girls but I haven't tried it out so I can't really comment on it. But let me know if you like this foundation if you've tried it!

Please don't forget to follow me on my social medias:
Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger