19.1.15

Budget Buy: L.A GIRL Pro Concealer


I am always on a hunt for a good concealer. My all time favourite is the MAC Pro Longwear concealer but it's not ideal for everyday because it's full coverage, plus it's expensive. So when I heard everyone raving about the L.A Girl Pro Concealer and that it's similar to the Pro Longwear, I knew I had to try it out.

Description

The L.A Girl Pro Concealer is described to be crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet light weight formula. Now before I even googled what L.A Girl claimed this concealer to be, I was surprised because that was my exact thoughts when I used this concealer. They also claim that it:
- Camouflages the appearance of skin imperfections
- Evens out skin tone
- Covers dark circle
- Minimizes fine lines
- Provides customisable coverage

Packaging

The L.A Girl Pro Concealer comes in a squeeze tube with a brush applicator. Having a brush applicator is very handy when applying under your eyes or certain areas on the face where you want to conceal, however I do struggle squeezing out enough products whilst applying. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet. It does contain 0.25 oz / 8g worth of product.

My thoughts on L.A Girl Pro Concealer

I purchased this on Beauty Joint and before purchasing, I googled for swatches online and it was really hard to find a good reference. I ended up going with Shannon's (shaaanxo) shade that she used in one of her videos, which was creamy beige (for reference, I'm an NC30 in MAC foundations). I really like the formula of this concealer. I only ever use concealers for under my eyes to make them look brighter, and this concealer works like a dream. It's very creamy yet blendable and I don't see any creasing under my eyes. I use a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to blend the concealer under my eyes and it instantly makes my under eyes look brighter. I would say that this concealer gives medium to full coverage.

I think the main difference I feel with this concealer and MAC Pro Longwear is that this concealer is more hydrating under the eyes because of the creamy consistency. MAC can tend to make my under eyes feel a bit dehydrated if my skin is a little bit drier that day (I have normal/dry skin). Another great thing about this concealer is that it has wide range of colour selections - 18 shades! From dark to light, yellow to pink tones, there's a concealer for everyone. I really want to try one of the darker shades to contour my face.

This concealer is super affordable, it's only $2.99USD on Beauty Joint or $6.95AUD on Lipstick Republic. If there is an affordable concealer that you swear by, please let me know. I would love to try more concealers. I already have the Maybelline Fit Me concealer which I adore.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger