15.7.14

First Impression | Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25HR Foundation

If you follow me on Instagram, I recently posted up this photo saying that I would be doing a first impression on the Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25HR foundation. I bought this foundation because Sandy from Eyes for Makeup raved about it in her videos! She said it's a good foundation for the Winter time and it doesn't make you look cakey. I was completely sold. Luckily for me, I bought this for half price because Priceline is having a 50% off sale on Rimmel London products. This foundation was on sale for $8.97 but I used my $5 birthday voucher so I only got it for $3.97.  I picked up 202 Nude because it had yellow undertone. The other one I was about to choose was a lot more pink (I forgot the shade name). Luckily I picked up 202 Nude because that's the shade that Sandy picked up too (I forgot which shade she was).
The Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25HR foundation claims to be:
  • Sweat, heat and humidity proof for up to 25 hours
  • Transfer resistant
  • Enriched with a revitalising Mineral Complex and moisturising aqua primer
  • Skin feels energised and hydrated all day
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS FOUNDATION:
The first time I wore this foundation, I was surprised at the consistency. I thought it was going to be thick but it had the perfect consistency - It wasn't too thick or thin. I used the Real Techniques Complexion sponge to blend out the foundation onto my face and it blended out beautifully. Building up this foundation where I needed extra coverage on my face was not a problem because I didn't look cakey at all. I like how this foundation comes with a squeeze tube so it is easy to squeeze out the right amount of product. After a day at work, my T-zone was not shiny which I liked. I also love the fact that my blush and bronzer was still very visible at the end of the day. It usually fades when I wear other foundation so I was pretty surprised that it didn't happen to the Rimmel London Lasting Finish. I also received a few compliments wearing this foundation. This has been my go-to foundation for the past week. I went clubbing the other night and wore this foundation, even though it had SPF in it, I was a bit worried that it would leave me a white cast when taking photos, but it didn't. Score!

PROS:
  • Long lasting
  • Blends beautifully
  • Affordable
  • Packaging is a squeeze tube
  • Build-able coverage
  • Skin looks hydrated and not cakey
CONS:
  • Only 7 shades available so you may not be able to find a perfect match for your skin tone
OVERALL:
I love this foundation! I was not disappointed at all and I am so glad that I picked up this foundation based on Sandy's review. I will be going back to Priceline to pick up a back up just before the sale ends this Wednesday (16/07/14).

Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Seriously considering getting some now before the sale ends! xx

    ameliaellenblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the exciting article I have come across recently. I also have a similar blog about Massage in Rockhampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I haven't had any luck with the stay matte liquid which was the first I've ever tried from them which was crap, thin, no coverage and not matte! The stay matte mousse however is fantastic!!! I'm glad to hear this lasted beautifully! I would love to try this, been seeing recommendations of this by lots of girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got a great deal Nhi !!
    this product sounds great even better with affordable price
    would love to try this !

    http://amourpixie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm might head out and see if one of those shades matches me! xx

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger