2.6.14

Collection: High end and low end Bronzers

Today I am going to share with you my bronzer collection. Before I was into blush, bronzer was my thing! I could not leave the house without bronzer. I love how it gives your face some colour and dimension, especially after putting foundation all over your face - your face can tend to look a little "blah". Also I love how bronzers can make you look darker if your foundation is just too light for your face.
Let's start with the cheaper bronzers I own. Now both of these were very hyped back in the days and they are the Physicians Formula Bronzer Booster and the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder. To be honest, I bought the Physicians Formula one because of Judy from itsjudytime. This was one of her all time favourite bronzer, and until this very day - it still is! I have loved this for a really long time but I stopped using it until recently. This is the only bronzer I own that has shimmer in it which isn't too chunky - it gives a nice bronzy glow to the face.
Next I have the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder. Literally everyone talked about this bronzer, how it is the best drugstore matte bronzer, and it really is. You can tell that mine is well loved! I'm trying to use it all up but it just takes way to long to finish! This is my second one, and I bought many back ups when Australia stocked these at Cosmetics Fragrance Direct for only $2 - so I went a little cray cray. The next three I own are the more expensive bronzers. First off, the infamous Benefit Hoola Bronzer. This is my current go-to bronzer and I just love it. The texture is very smooth and blends out so well onto the skin. I use this mainly to contour my cheek bones and if I'm feeling a bit fancy, then I would contour my nose as well. Next is the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, and this is the more recent bronzer I purchased. This bronzer smells AMAZING - when I was taking photos for this post, all I can smell is chocolate (yum)! Lastly, I have TheBalm Bahama Mama bronzer - this one is very pigmented and if applied too heavily, if can look very muddy which to be honest, I have gone a bit overboard with and it's not cute! Definitely use a light hand with this bronzer. I don't gravitate towards this bronzer often because personally it's too hard to maintain for me.

Please let me know which one is your favourite bronzer in the comments down below! I have heard that the Bobbi Brown one is amazing and am looking into purchasing that one next! Once again, thank you for reading and I love you guys!

Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

15 comments:

  1. I've heard about NYC bronzer being raved constantly aswell! Do you think they still sell it at CFD? Currently, I'm using the Australis Jumbo Bronzer which will take my not even a century to finish. It is so huge haha.

    Wendy xx
    http://letsrunawayx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I've seen that bronzer! It is MASSIVE! Unfortunately, they don't sell it at CFD anymore :(

      Delete
  2. I love bronzer too, but only really in the past six months or so. I love, as you say, the dimension it gives my face. A lot of my bases are a bit too pale for me too so bronzers are a must. Hoola looks like such a great, cool-toned colour to contour with!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoola is very versatile hence why it's my go-to at the moment. It's amazing!

      Delete
  3. I've only recently been interested in bronzer, especially for contouring! Out of all these I like how Benefit Hoola looks as it isn't shimmery or too orange. I can definitely see how TheBalm's Bahama Mama can look muddy, its shade is a little different from all the other bronzers! I have my eye on NARS Laguna too, but I'm contemplating whether I should empty my wallet for it :P Which one of these is your favourite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Benefit Hoola! It's very pigmented and you can't over-do it if applied too much. It looks very natural. I was looking at NARS Laguna too since everyone talks about it!

      Delete
  4. I've never really been much of a bronzer kind of girl, but I do use it from time to time. I love how it adds more shape to my face, especially with foundation on.
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go without it sometimes and just use a blush shade that is dark enough to give me some shape to the face.

      Delete
  5. Great bronzers you have here! I have the Benefit Hoola and NYC Sunny Bronzers, and they are fantastic!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the moment I am also loving Hoola, though I really want to try out the Too Faced one as well! A bit disappointed with theBalm bronzer, I wanted to try that too but I'm not liking the sound of that, muddy is defs not a cute look ahaha!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely not! Just have to be really careful with it. You should really try out Too Faced. I think it's an amazing one x

      Delete
  7. I have TheBalm bronzer as well. I agree that it's very pigmented and I have yet to master contouring as I've only started not too long ago. I think I will get the Benefit Hoola bronzer next. :)

    Ty's Blog of Epiphanies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love NYC Sunny + Too Faced as well, some of my go to bronzers!

    CassandraMyee | Beauty | Fashion | Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. physicians formula has shimmer in it ?
    but from your swatch, looks like its invisible

    anyway would you mind if we follow each other ?
    i've already followed you

    http://amourpixie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger