22.4.14

Sephora Haul via PriceUSA


Hello my loves! I hope you all had a great long Easter weekend! I was working throughout this Easter weekend instead of going camping like I usually would, but all that double pay makes up for it.

If you follow me on Twitter then you would know that I have been trying to find a mail forwarding site to make my first Sephora order. If you are on the same boat as me who is very, very skeptical about using a mail forwarding site, then I hope this post makes you more confident about using a mail forwarding site. I chose to use PriceUSA as my mail forwarding site after reading reviews, so here is my first experience with a mail forwarding site!

First off let me explain to you why I chose to use PriceUSA. Many mail forwarding sites have sign-up and monthly fees which I wasn't too fond of because I won't be ordering that often. PriceUSA is based in Sydney and was found by Carolina Tillett who I was emailing back and forth.

What's great about PriceUSA is that you can get a quote for your order! All you have to do is fill out a form on their website with all the products you want to buy with prices, shades, quantity, weight and a link to the item. Then you fill in your details and select a shipping method. If you are unsure about the weight of your order, then simply choose 'estimate cheapest shipping for me' or 'estimate fast shipping for me'. When quoting your order, keep in mind that you won't get charge for it - it's free to get a quote! After you put through your order to get a quote, Carolina will email you back with a close estimate of the total cost. For my order, there was a slight difference in the shipping cost in the end - this is because they weren't exactly sure about the total weight of my order. Sephora didn't provide a weight for all of the products that I ordered.

Here is the total process that I went through with Price USA:
9th of April 2014 at 8:06AM - Put through my order for a quote
9th of April 2014 at 8:49AM - Received my quote
9th of April 2014 at 9:25PM - Deposit the money to PriceUSA
9th of April 2014 at 10:12PM - PriceUSA received my deposit
10th of April 2014 at 12:54AM - PriceUSA placed my order
10th of April 2014 at 3:14PM - PriceUSA informed me that Sephora has shipped my order
12th of April 2014 at 9:26AM - Informed me that they have received my package. Required me to pay the balance owing
12th of April 2014 at 3:39PM - Paid the balance owing
13th of April at 10:31AM - PriceUSA received my payment
14th of April at 10:30AM - Order has been shipped via UPS
22nd of April at 11:30AM - Received my order
** Please keep in mind that I paid express shipping for my order, but it took a little longer due to the public holiday **
Now for the fun stuff - everything that I purchased!
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse - $28USD
  • Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings - $20USD
  • Tarte Discover The Amazon 3-Piece Kit - $34.50USD
  • Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Peach Beach - $30USD
  • Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop & Berry Pop - $21USD each
  • Dior Creme De Rose Soothing Plumping Lip Balm - $27USD
  • Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked & Flend - $22USD each
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown - $21USD
... And the rest are just samples! Sephora was having 15% off when I purchased my order so I paid  $209.53USD for my order and  I saved $36.97USD. I chose express shipping which was $46.55USD. After the currency conversion I paid $288.43AUD for my whole order. If I was to purchase everything here in Australia or on Tarazz, I would of paid an extra $100 to get everything so I am happy that I saved that money.

I hope this helps you to decide whether or not you want to use a mail forwarding site. I highly recommend it after my first time experience, and would definitely use PriceUSA again. I am thinking of buying from MAC cosmetics and Ulta next! I tried to be as thorough as I could be in this post but if I am missing anything, please let me know. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment down below or tweet me on Twitter, and I will be happy to answer your questions. Thank you for reading and have a great day!


Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for including each step of the process you went through. It seems kinda tedious but it's all worth it for the money that you save! You got awesome stuff, can't wait to see reviews of them! :)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised to see this, because I know that Sephora stopped most parcel forwarding services, and we weren't able to! Maybe PriceUSA is still under their radar! I'll definitely have to give it a go! :)
    You got some great goodies, enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolina commented down below so you can see her answer! Thank you love <3

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see swatches and reviews on the products! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this was an extremely helpful post - the log of dates is definitely useful. I'm not going to be ordering through a forwarding service anytime soon but this seems like a good one. Can't wait to read more about the goodies you bought!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm tempted to order again but gonna wait out for a sale!

      Delete
  5. Thats freaking awesome! I've never considered using a site like that (although my brother has mentioned it before), sephora's us website has the best stuff, best sets of products compared to what we get in store here! I'm so jealous of your Tarte and Too Faced products! They all look so good, I really hope you love everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Their gift set is amazing compared to what we get here.

      Delete
  6. Hi Nhi

    I am glad to hear you are happy with your haul :)

    To answer Jasmine's question the reason why Price USA is able to order from Sephora is that Price USA is not a mail forwarding service, but a purchasing service. My US partners buy from Sephora using their own credit cards so as far as Sephora is concerned they are just another US customer.

    The process is a little more complex than using a mail forwarding service because you need to be able tell me what you want to buy, but the help page explains it step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That too faced set is only $20! Bargain <3 Would love to try tarte products!
    I have always thought about placing orders and getting them shipped to oz but I cant justify the shipping cost >_<

    XO Denise
    http://pixiedw.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, $40+ shipping is a lot but it works out to be a lot cheaper anyway!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for your review Nhi!! This will make making an order on Sephora much more tempting!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you share your haul when you make a Sephora order! :P

      Delete
  9. Wow great haul! The Too Faced blush sounds amazing, I hope its good :) I've never tried a parcel forwarding service, it seems a bit annoying, but its good to know that its at least an option :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger