25.3.14

New Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms

Okay so I was having difficulties with my photos being true to it's colour. As in, it looks normal to me but once I upload it - the colour just completely changed. So I had to figure a different way to upload my photos and changed the file type to make it work.Anyway, let's get back to this post!

Anyway I picked up the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms which just came out around last week I believe. I picked up the shade 205 Elusive and 215 Shameless.

Revlon claims that these give a 'matte finish' but feels like a 'balm that's beyond comforting'. Let me just say that these glide on like a dream! They do not feel drying on the lips at all! They definitely feel comfortable on the lips, just like it claims to be.

205 Elusive is best described as a medium warm-toned pink. It is very wearable and a gorgeous shade.
215 Shameless is a medium-dark purple with a hint of pink in it. You can definitely see the pink in the swatch below. This shade is very different for me because I don't own any purple lip product, and I absolutely love this shade! The day after I bought this, I found an excuse to wear it because I was so excited.

I do feel the texture of the two are quite different. 205 Elusive feels more matte on my lips, whereas 215 Shameless does not feel matte. Once I applied Shameless onto my lips, it is quite sheer but you can easily build up the intensity. I'm not used to the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms just because unlike the Kissable Balm Stains, these do not stain like the Kissable Balm Stains. I keep thinking that I don't need to reapply with these but in fact, I do.

Overall I really love the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms! I think they have a great range of colour selection from bright pinks, to a gorgeous deep red! I am definitely going to pick up some more of these. The do retail for $17.95 here in Australia. Priceline is having a special on these starting on Thursday 27/03, where you buy 1 get and 1 free! So you can get 2 for $17.95! I will definitely take up this opportunity and grab myself some new colours!

They also have the new Lacquer Balms but I'm not interested in them. Let me know if you have tried any of the new Colorburst Matte Balms in the comments below, and which shade do you recommend me to pick up! Until next time, thank you guys for reading my blog! Have a great day! xx

Left to right: 205 Elusive and 215 Shameless


Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to pick some of these up, that's a shame they don't last as long on you though! Do you know when the BOGOF ends?

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as long as the Kissable Balm as it doesn't stain! Typical Priceline sale... It should end on the 07/04 :)

      Delete
  2. I picked up two the other day but haven't tried them yet... I better try them before the BOGO sale because that's too good to pass up! Thanks for the tip ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be picking up Elusive and Sultry during the sale! Weehee so excited! Beautiful swatches love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might pick up Sultry too! So excited to pop into Priceline today! :) Thank you beautiful xx

      Delete
  4. These look amazing - the sale is waaaay too tempting :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! I bet it's gonna fly out the door. Everyone is going to go crazy over them!

      Delete
  5. gahhhh I've been away over the past week and haven't been able to get my hands on these yet but I can't wait till I do. I saw Priceline has a buy one get one free deal so seems like a great excuse to go ahead and treat myself! These shades look great and so happy to hear that they're not drying!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes go in stores and pick some up right now!! That's what I'm going to do. I love these :)

      Delete
  6. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for these! Love the two shades you picked up :) hopefully I can grab some soon. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you did! Would love to see which shades you picked up :)

      Delete
  7. It's on sale at Priceline now. So going to get Complex and Standout! :)

    Ty's Blog of Epiphanies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Standout is next on my list! Great choices :)

      Delete
  8. Picked up four of these from the BOGOF sale at Priceline, probably a little overload but whatever :p I really like Elusive, such a great warm pink. Unapologetic is really fun too, an incredibly bright pinky coral. I did like some of the Lacquer shades but not the heap of glitter in them :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really want to try these xx
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger