4.3.14

My Favourite Face Brushes: Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman

There is no doubt that the Real Techniques brushes are my favourite brushes! If you don't already know, Real Techniques was created by Sam & Nic Chapman (also known as Pixiwoo on YouTube).

They created their brushes with taklon bristles which are synthetic and 100% cruelty free! Their colour coded system is very helpful identifying the type of brush - gold (flawless base), purple (enhanced eyes) and pink (perfect finish). I love how soft these brushes are and how different they are compared to the Sigma brushes. I still love my Sigma brushes, especially the F80 but the Real Techniques brushes are more affordable and gives an amazing result to the face.

The brush handles are made out of aluminium so it makes the brush very light weight and easy to use. The brush also has a self-standing bottom so you can display it on your table. So let's talk about my favourite face brushes from Real Techniques.

Real Techniques Blush Brush I love how fluffy this brush is and how versatile it is. You can use it for powder, blush or contouring because of the tip.
Real Techniques Buffing Brush This brush is part of their 'Core Collection' so you can't buy this separately. Again, another versatile brush for applying mineral powder and liquids. I used this to apply my Garnier BB cream and it works wonders! It gave a really nice and flawless finish. I use this brush to apply my Bare Minerals foundation and it worked well too! Definitely a must-have brush.
Real Techniques Setting Brush This brush is perfect for setting your under eye concealer because the shape is so small, it's perfect for under the eyes! It's like a mini version of the Blush Brush.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush This brush is also a must-have brush! If you don't want to get the Core Collection set for the Buffing Brush, definitely get the Expert Face Brush! This brush is a lot denser than the Buffing Brush so I like to use this for my liquid foundation. For the longest time, I stopped using my F80 and actually preferred using this brush for applying my foundation. Highly recommend this one!

I would of mentioned the Miracle Complexion Sponge but my one is so jacked up because I have been using it like crazy - it wasn't photo ready. I did order 2 more of the sponge because I love it THAT much. It's a cheaper version of the Beauty Blender. I, personally have not tried the Beauty Blender but the Miracle Sponge is only $6 on iHerb!

Real Techniques are sold at Priceline, however the price is out of this world! If you live in Australia, I highly recommend you to order your Real Techniques brushes on iHerb where they sell the brushes are U.S pricing and you only pay $4 shipping. I've ordered from iHerb quite a few times using the $4 shipping and it arrives in a week. You can save up to $10 on your first purchase if you click on this link right here or use my code BCQ990 to save!

Be on a lookout soon for my iHerb haul! :)

Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

6 comments:

  1. I want to try the setting brush! Real Techniques are definitely the best affordable brush brand out there!

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick it up! It's amazing :D

      Delete
  2. http://bumblebeame.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/all-make-up-bright-and-beautiful-all.html I nominate you to do the all bloggers great and small tag :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on these brushes for ages. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and try them, they get so many rave reviews. Now I know where to start!

    Rachel || A Nesting Nomad

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger