29.4.13

Review: Rimmel London Scandal'Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner


Hello my lovely people! Today I have a review and swatch post on these Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof eyeliner! These were in my previous haul post minus the Bright Blue one which I just recently purchased. Let me just say that I am in love with these. If you don't already know, I love my Milani Liquif'Eye eyeliners but they can only be purchased online since they are not available in Australia. I wanted something that was more easily accessible but works great at the same time — these are great!


The claims of this product:
  • High intensity color for an instant color impact 
  • Ultra smooth & creamy formula that glides on easily 
  • Waterproof, smudge-proof, sweat-proof, heat-proof, humidity-proof and scandal- proof 
  • Dermatologist & ophthalmologist tested. Safe for sensitive eyes.
Shades available: These come in an amazing range of 15 shades! 
Black, Bright Blue, Bronze, Brown, Deep Blue, Golden, Green, Light Blue, Nude, Orange, Purple, Silver, Sparkling Black, Taupe and Turquoise.

Price: These are $9.95 each with 1.2g of product. I purchased mine from Priceline during their 40% off sale and the Bright Blue I bought at Big W (they're on sale at the moment for $5.88) 


My thoughts on this product:
The shades I have are 001 Black, 005 Nude and 014 Bright Blue. I have tested all three eyeliners on my eyes and they did not smear at all. I have experienced eyeliners that makes me look like a raccoon by the end of the day but these stay put. The Black and Nude shade are very pigmented with one swatch, you can see the intensity of the colour. But the Bright Blue isn't as pigmented but you can easily build up the intensity with another swipe. I wore the Bright Blue one the other day on my lower lash line and it looks amazing! It's a fun way of adding a pop of colour to your eye look. I am a contact lense wearer and these didn't irritate my eyes at all. I really like these but these eyeliners are not as creamy as the Milani Liquif'Eye in my opinion but it does the job. Now let's put these to the test! Are these really waterproof?
The left picture are the swatches of these liners. How beautiful is the blue one? The right picture is after I have rubbed the eyeliner to see if they rub off and then I rubbed it off again with water. As you can see, the intensity of these eyeliner is still there, minus the Bright Blue. You can only see a bit of smearing. I really want to get the purple eyeliner now.

Have you tried these before? Will you be purchasing these?

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. They sound great, I wanna get my hands on the nude one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reviewing these! I've been looking for a nude eyeliner, I think I might check this one out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue you picked out! I've never tried their liners before but I recently picked up their Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliner in royal blue. So pretty!

    Louise
    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue is very pretty. Revlon is about to launch Kahal eyeliners, too. I wonder how they will compare to these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Scandaleyes eyeliner range! They are similar to the Australis' 10 Hour Wear pencils, but with a much bigger colour range which is great. I could never find eyeliners that wouldn't smudge on me but these ones were amazing! I have one in Sparkling black but I want to get a few other shades too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! These look really great.

    I really like your blog. Would you like to follow each other? (:
    www.chermaineho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger